- Some students start kindergarten two years ahead, others at grade level and others up to three years behind their classmates.
- The academic skill level of a child on the first day of school has a huge impact on the rest of the child’s educational career.
- If he starts ahead, he has a strong beginning, if he starts behind he continues to struggle.
- Children make anywhere from two to seven years of pre-literacy and language growth from birth to age five.
( Fielding, Lynn.
Parent Information Center
DVDs For Viewing-Available at AEMS
Who Cares About Kelsey?
Our role as Special Educators in the Andover School District is to provide a Free Appropriate Public Education to students with disabilities between the ages of three and twenty-one as required by the legal mandates of the New Hampshire Department of Education.
We will accomplish this through the following measures:
· Assessing students in all areas related to the suspected disability
· Accessibility to the regular curriculum
· Consideration of how the disability impacts the student’s learning
· Developing goals and objectives that most appropriately meet the needs of the student
· Choosing a placement in the least restrictive environment
Special Education Staff